Vaniday is an online marketplace for beauty and wellness treatments. Our mission is to:
- enable customers to discover, book and pay beauty services seamlessly 24/7
- build a sophisticated salon management software to help beauty salons and hairdressers manage their businesses.
We are an international team of passionate individuals who strive to guarantee the satisfaction of our partners and customers.
Launched in March 2015, Vaniday Marketplace is now live in Singapore with a SaaS platform in 5 countries. In July 2015, Vaniday successfully raised €15 million in its first round of funding.
We aim at transitioning the whole industry of beauty services from the offline to the online world. To achieve this, we are looking for brilliant and passionate individuals to join our global team.
About the Role
As a Head of Engineering you will be leading the technology of Rocket Internet’s Vaniday venture, you will be based in the Singapore office alongside the engineering team.
We’re looking for an individual with a creative mindset that drives them to find innovative technological solutions to common problems. They will provide technical leadership, mentoring and training to the engineering team. They will still have a passion for code and be willing to dive in and get their hands dirty when needed.
A background in e-commerce, web and mobile technologies is required.
- Represent the technological aspect of the company
- Hiring and managing members of the engineering team
- Track, analyze and monitor the performance of the platform
- Oversee the system design and changes in architecture
- Drive the technological platform forwards with innovative solutions
- Inspire and lead the engineering team
- Manage the team to work to sprint deadlines and deliver well written testable code
- You have been a coder for 5+ years and moved up through management positions as a team lead or development manager
- Proven track record in management and leadership positions for at least 3 years
- Extensive experience with system design and architecture, notably with MVC frameworks, APIs and Microservices
- Experience in leveraging cloud services to produce performant and scalable architecture
- Great Agile project management experience that enabled your team to deliver products and features on time
- Good English speaking & writing skills
Technologies we use
- .NET: C# Core 2.0, Xamarin
- PHP: PHP 7.0 with Symfony Components
- Data: ElasticSearch, Redis, Mysql
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker
- Frontend: AngularJS
- Design: Responsive desktop & mobile web
- Tools: GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins
- Mobile Apps: iOS and Android written in Xamarin
- Competitive salary
- Performance based annual bonus
- Relocation support if applicable
- Be a member of the Rocket Internet family
- Engaging environment: You will feel the thrill of building a start-up and marvel just a few weeks later at what you have achieved
- Meaningful work: To build our beauty ecosystem you will be working together with a team of talented people across the globe
- Peer relationships: Be ready to join an ambitious and hardworking team who wants to reach the stars and loves to work together
- Support: We support each other, we motivate each other and we believe that we will revolutionize the beauty and wellness industry