At APACIG, we seek to grow and develop talent across all our ventures – and with our strong global networks, every experience is a hands-on, truly entrepreneurial adventure with the support of seasoned experts. As one of Asia’s fastest-growing Internet platforms, our demand for motivated and talented people is high. We are looking for people who want to become part of one of Asia’s top internet platforms, and join us on our exciting journey into Asia’s thriving online market.
About The Job
As Country Manager, you will be responsible for all operational and strategic initiatives, including the expansion of all operations, teams and business activities to ensure market leadership within your country. Joining us will be both challenging and rewarding – you will have the chance to make the venture your own. You will be building a venture from the ground up, accumulating a deeper understanding of the region and the e-commerce landscape, and being part of a team that takes a simple concept or idea and turns it into a successful business venture. Work as an entrepreneur, yet be part of an international team of highly motivated and talented people!
We have various Country Manager positions available, in a number of SE Asian countries across the region, from Pakistan to Australia.
Who we're looking for
- After earning your outstanding degree at a top university, you will have gained first work experience in a top-tier consulting firm or in investment banking, and/or had substantial experience in the start up industry
- Moreover, you have a proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements. Beyond your managerial skills, you have strong analysis skills with the ability to set up efficient business processes and manage P&L
- You have a good knowledge of the internet sector
- Your high drive and ambition to perform is evident
- Independence, flexibility and speed are as important to you as geographical mobility and international experience
- Entrepreneurial drive and the ability to achieve goals in a fast paced environment complete your profile
- The ideal candidate has strong English language communication skills (both written and oral)
- Build, develop and grow a company – either a brand new venture from scratch or a company which is relatively young and still growing rapidly
- Define and set the business strategy and work towards set milestones
- Build a strong team of passionate, hands on entrepreneurs to nurture and work with you
- Overall responsibility for the financial and operation running of the business